Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hier Kommt Die Sonne


Here she is, all completed. Now all I have to do is resist the urge to do a massive dragon so I can do the second half of this project. Read past the break for more haphazard methodology.




So here is the piece baked a second time. Bits were reinforced and the ends of the hair were refined before putting it back in the oven. When she came out, she was starting to look a little beige.


Here she is against a black background after receiving a base coat of Titanium white acrylic. Then came the fun part. I started with a pale Cadmium Yellow tint in the face and worked my way out to the ends, gradually adding Cadmium Red. I finished her with several coats of acrylic gloss spray, to achieve a glazed porcelain effect. There are some things I'm unhappy with, but most of them have to do with me being stupid and not just working the mounting hardware right into the sculpt. I also think the ear is too big, but I didn't notice until after the baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment