Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Truth is Written in Acrylic


Okay, so finished the arm using the same blue and burnt umber, and a bit of the napthol and cadmium orange for the hand and accents on the hookblade. The background is a glaze of napthol and alazarin crimson over the black and white. And that's it; those are the only colors I used on this. Very proud of the limited palette I used.

Overall, I'd say my favorite part is the forearm bracer section. The texture of the leather came out very nicely. I also really enjoy the hood. Honestly, they were the parts I worried about the most when I began, along with the face, of course. 

For the moment, I'm done with this, though I hesitate to call it finished. I have one idea that I want to try out before I do it, and it's sort of a surprise. But if it works, I'll post another update to show it off. Thanks for reading, and as always, comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment